links &&
Thyroid Gland
0%

Share & Embed

Teaching Tools

With our 3D Docs, you can add 3D models, simulations, quizzes, and more to a shareable, interactive document. Try it out!

Save this model in a Spirit Doc

With our 3D Slides, you can add 3D models, simulations, quizzes, and more to a shareable, interactive slideshow. Try it out!

Save this model in a Spirit Slide

Thyroid gland

It is a butterfly-shaped endocrine gland wrapped around the windpipe (trachea) and secretes the hormones thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3).

T3 Hormone

Triiodothyronine (T3) is an active thyroid hormone. The thyroid gland produces around 20% of T3, whereas the other 80% is from converting T4 into T3 outside our thyroid gland.

T4 Hormone

Thyroxine (T4) is a largely inactive thyroid hormone that, converted to T3, helps control the speed of our metabolism by affecting every cell and all the organs in our body.