1What is the Respiratory System?
- The human respiratory system starts with the nose, then proceeds to the pharynx and the larynx. After this, it leads to the trachea, which creates bronchi, and finally branches into bronchioles which enter the lungs.
- The respiratory system function tree ends in the alveoli, a puffy structure with a single squamous cell layer surrounded by a capillary network. The gas exchange takes place in the alveoli. External respiration involves the lungs.
2Functions of the Respiratory system
3Working of the respiratory system
- Click the link to understand how the respiratory system functions.
4Parts of the respiratory system
- The anatomy of the human respiratory system is divided into three major parts. The first is a series of tubes that carries the air from the atmosphere to the lungs.
- The second are the muscles that help in respiration, which includes the intercostal muscles and the diaphragm. The third part is the lungs.
6Airways in the respiratory system
- The airways are divided into conducting and respiratory system zones. The conducting zone starts from the nose and ends in the bronchioles. The respiratory zone has terminal bronchioles and alveoli.